Tuesday, September 6, 2016

me myself and i, g-eazy and bebe rexha

recently I heard a song on my car radio that caught my attention, as it spoke about fame. it was 'me myself and i', by g-eazy and bebe rexha. the 'me myself and i' part is sang by bebe, and I liked another line of hers as well- 'music fills me good'. the rap parts were performed by g-eazy. I found many of his lines to be relatable as well, like 'be alone, fake friends' and when he speaks about fame. this would be 'now that i'm famous, everyone knows this lifestyle is dangerous, but I love it the rush is amazing'. the video was found on YouTube, and mostly takes place at a private home, his birthday party, a surprise party. the part with the most profound effect on me was the spoken part, when he is alone in the bathroom and talking to what looks like more than one image of himself in the mirrors. and one of them said 'you signed up for this'. I have had to tell myself this about performing as well, I signed up for all that goes with it- the good and the bad. so I like how two different kinds of music appear in this song, and both of them work for me.
  my normal open-mic tonight was called off, a musician was booked at the venue instead but we were told it will be on again next week. I made the most of it, deciding to get around to some things that had been delayed for too long. one of those was listening to the 'dollop podcast', a fellow comic told me about it and I liked hearing how much of it covered history. I first listened to one about the 'molly maguires', which I recalled from history class as they figured into the history of labor unions in the 19th century. I think this may also have been the name of Pittsburgh's baseball team for a short time in that era as well. the other was about 'ten-cent beer night' at a Cleveland Indians baseball game in 1974, against the texas rangers. it was all right, but hard to keep up with as one of the moderators of the podcast kept making jokes about everything. I am aware that it is done by comedians, but at times it was still a little too much for me. but I still liked how somebody helped me feed my need for history. another notable thing was getting paid for my role in the fringe festival last month. I checked what my account number was from my paypal account but found out I just needed to supply my email account, in my case Hotmail. so I wear it as a 'badge of honor' to have another paid gig, and I did say to the resistable comic, our show runner, that it helped me pass the 'century mark' on my total earnings for performing.
  as expected, it was a long day at work as it was the first day back after the holiday. besides the payoff report I did one pack of contracts, and not many letters. the new titles will wait another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment