Thursday, June 22, 2017

1955 studebaker

I went to the comedy club tonight to get signed up for the open-mic but wasn't picked. after it I went to print things at the library, and find a quick dinner somewhere. I loved finding a classic vehicle in the parking lot of a target store, a 1955 Studebaker pickup. I asked permission on doing pictures, found out it was easier to do when the Hyundai left a nearby parking spot. I said 'that is so cool!' and 'thank you'. I did have to remind myself how it is more likely to see these vehicles during the summer, as there are more cars shows. especially this weekend, when the 'back to the 50's' car show will be happening at the state fairgrounds. I got lunchables at the target, and at the library I ordered and printed a baseball ticket from stubhub for this weekend. then it was on to the karaoke bar, where I did two songs. first was 'only happy when it rains' by garbage. I said I had to do a rain song as it has rained today. in fact, it rained so much that the twins-white sox baseball game was delayed for hours. the white sox raced to a big lead in the first inning, and the game was just getting started as I was leaving the office for the day. the second song was 'circles' by soul coughing. I wanted to do that one as I liked hearing a particular word- 'languishing'- in the lyrics. I know I have languished before, must be why I liked it as I find it to be relatable.
    I made it to the office in time this morning, just barely. I woke up late, didn't hear the alarm go off. but I was pleased with how I made it, as I had less than 30 minutes to work with. I have done it before, but I don't recommend it. for one thing, I had to pay for parking as I drove in, and taking the bus is way cheaper. then we had a department lunch, make your own burgers. there was a choice of fries, the typical thin kind and then sweet potato tots. I wanted to get the payoff report submitted first, and my boss was at my cube at 7 minutes past the hour asking where I was with things. I said I was caught up now, just needed to stamp out and he said he would wait for me. must have wanted to see how I got a chance at the food before most of it was gone. I said at the end of the day how I likes how he shows he cares, hard to find somebody who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment