Sunday, June 18, 2017

trans-america board game

this afternoon I was back at a meetup event, more board games. except it was a different venue than last week, this time at black dog café in downtown st. paul near the saints baseball stadium. I had been there before, to perform at an open-mic, and probably for a date even before that. I played two board games, one of them was called 'trans-america', about building railroads. it was the second one we played, and the first was 'one night ultimate werewolf' if I am not mistaken. it was a game of bluffing, I was the villager. with the railroad game I had Richmond, Memphis, Denver, Helena, and Portland. I let the event coordinator know that I will try to make it as often as I can, and he is a big reason why I am attending. this of course is the postal service accountant. he had his son there as well, I said I hadn't heard much about his family before. I arrived around 4:30pm, about 2 hours after it began, as there was other things I wanted to get done first.
    the first thing I did was laundry, though I got started a little later than expected as I woke up just before 12noon. then there was some other cleanup I wanted to do, and I wrote out a check for the subscription to the Writer magazine that will be mailed Monday morning on my way to work. while I was doing laundry I got a text message from my st. louis friend. it let know that the  baseball tickets have been ordered for Friday's game. I said we needed to figure out where we should meet up before the game. I walked around a little while doing laundry, found a penny and nickel that went into my change bank. after the board games I went home to watch 'the simpsons' but it wasn't on. so I had dinner, shredded some junk mail, and did the dishes. then after taking care of the recycle I went to a Walgreen and got some razors and a pack of baseball cards. I tried to call my dad but got voicemail, so I watched the 10pm news and then looked at two bank statements. I guess the magazine renewal check reminded me to look up the memberships I have, there are nine. and it prompted me to look at the bank statements as well. best game plan of course is to keep the credit balances low. it helps to pay them off as quickly as possible, and try to avoid buying things that aren't necessities. easier said than done, when I like to travel. but I have been cutting back on traveling, knowing how expensive it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment