Monday, June 19, 2017

like a junkyard dog

dad called me back and got my voicemail. so I responded when I had the time, at the comedy club before I was ready to move on and perform at another venue. I spoke of finding where immigrant relatives are buried, he spoke of one of them 'being mean like a junkyard dog'. and another as 'doing most of the talking for the couple'. I liked how he was willing to share these stories, guess it meant taking some control in terms of the subjects being discussed.
   it was a busy day at work, as expected since it is a Monday. but I found way to get the payoff report, new titles, and new contracts done. yes, the same contracts left over from the end of last week. but I think the payoff report was lighter than typical. it looks like there is more movement on being on an advisory board that connects me more with other offices. it was just announced last week that I am on it, but I was still looking for my 'marching orders'. well now I have a meeting for it scheduled this week.
    at the performance venue tonight, I did ones about getting laundry soap, the Coltrane movie, painting, a knife, calling my dad, 3 classes at the office, and my boss and captain crunch cereal. I got some more material from just being at the venue, wasn't expecting it. one was about dick cavett, and the other about somebody not knowing it was an open-mic.


No comments:

Post a Comment