Monday, June 26, 2017

it was taylor swift

I was performing tonight and drew a blank when going through the four jukebox songs from visiting st. louis. I named three, but after I left the stage I realized the fourth was taylor swift. what also made it more challenging was a woman who wanted to talk to me while onstage, saying she remembers me from another venue and I don't know her. I said we should take it offline and the show runner had just 'lighted' me so I knew it was time to go. she invited me over to where she was sitting at the bar, then made me wait for a few minutes and eventually I said 'if you have something to say, then say it. otherwise I've got to go as I have work in the morning'. then she said 'just go'. I didn't find out what she wanted, don't know if it matters as she was probably drunk. the show runner said the camera battery died during my set so it probably did not film her appearance in it. the other ones I did were also about being in st. louis.
   I struggled to finish the payoff report, not just due to the high volume, but also due to being tired in the afternoon. but I did, and got started on the new titles as well. as expected, the ones that arrived on Friday were 'deferred' as I was out that day and so was my cohort. no big deal, as Tuesday can serve as a good catch-up day since the payoff report volume is much lower. I claimed an apple from a basket in the breakroom as well, there was some left over from Friday, our designated 'fruit day'.
   there was no open-mic at the comedy club tonight, due to Worthington having a special show there, part of his CD recording. so I was fine with staying in a little longer after work. I got plenty of things done, like shred more junk mail and order a hawkeye football ticket for the upcoming season. the email giving us a link to order through the alumni association just arrived over the weekend. I didn't want to let too much time pass before ordering, not knowing how long supplies would last. eventually I can reserve a hotel room as well. I try not to make reservations too far in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment