Saturday, June 17, 2017

mounties, trumpet player

there was two photos on my digital camera from my lunch hour walk. one was of mounties, cops on horses that is. and the other was of a trumpet player, next to a business in downtown st. paul. I don't think I see either one that often. I didn't need much, and I went to get both items at Walgreen. the two items were the Minneapolis paper, and some cookies. I found some lunch at the office. there was some good barbecue left over from a meeting in our main conference room. the last of the three seminars was in the afternoon, resume writing. I think I learned a lot from these sessions. I couldn't stay long after it was over, as my boss scheduled a department meeting for right after it. I found out it was about packing up files in the vault. there wasn't much to do after that, which is typical for a Friday afternoon at the office. there was some new contracts to do, but I decided to defer them until next week. my boss made an announcement that we could leave early and still be paid for a full work day. this was due to the verdict announcement from a trial that was at the courthouse, just blocks away from us. I said I would mull it over, but I not only saw him leave early, but also my senior leader, shortly after we were informed of this around 3:30pm. so this made it much easier for me to decide to 'get out of dodge'. my 'work spouse' was left in my area after that, and not sure who else. it is around the time of day when many people are leaving or about to leave anyway. I stamped out just before 4pm. when I got home from the bus I went to get some laundry soap, and saw an employee of the nearby grocery store there. he is a performer like me.
   in the evening I watched the news, and tried to watch other TV programs but fell asleep. when I woke up I decided to eat at the taco bell. near the end of the 10pm news there was live footage of protests, due to the trial verdict, on I-94 that shut down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment