Saturday, June 10, 2017

I, Daniel Blake movie

tonight I saw the movie 'I, Daniel Blake' at the uptown theater in Minneapolis. I liked the writeup in Friday's paper about it. I had probably seen some American movies with the same spirit before. where a frustrated man is willing to do extreme things as he desperately wants to be heard. guess I shouldn't be surprised at all how the main character is played by a comedian. the most lasting impression of this movie was when a woman is seen eating directly from a can while still inside the food bank. and not too surprising how the same woman gets job offers to sell her body, that she accepts as she feels like she doesn't have a choice.
   I made it there after having a quick dinner from super-America, a hot dog and a small bottle of juice. I liked getting to a meetup event this afternoon as well. it was at the Minnesota history center library, about how to search family history. I found a few things there of interest, and had a link emailed to me.
   I also bought 2 used CDs at cheapo. it was 'piece by piece' by Kelly Clarkson, and '25' by adele. two of the songs on the former were co-written by sia. with the latter I was really impressed with 'million years ago', I liked the passion in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment