Monday, June 12, 2017

civil war preservation trust

recently I got more mail from the civil war preservation trust asking me to renew my membership. I sent a response to them in the postage-paid envelope asking to be taken off the mailing list as I am not renewing. I knew how I already had a membership with the American historical association, and I feel like one history membership is enough. in addition, my 8th grade history teacher, Russell clayton, died in august. I recall saying this was one of the few history things he still did. I kept the civil war membership, when I was cutting back on them, when I found this out. I don't take it lightly on not renewing memberships, especially this one, as it said I've had it since 2006. but as the saying goes, priorities change. it may not cost much, but I can find uses for the amount saved.
   it was a busy day at the office, I got the 'wire' pages done early, before lunchtime. this was about 4 pages in all. and it took me the rest of my workday to do the other seven. I didn't even get to the new titles, but figured I should have the time to do them the next day when the payoff report tends to be lighter. although I have three classes scheduled this week, around midday.
   I made it to the performance venue tonight, there was a fill-in MC. I did ones about karaoke night, they've invented that, facebook activity, first visit to a bar, my soup, meetup events, and my class reunion. the parking was at a higher hourly rate due to the nearby event, but I just had to pay for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment