Friday, June 30, 2017

cherry cheesecake hershey bar

I went to see a friend's play in Minneapolis tonight, and before I arrived at the venue I wanted to get some dinner. looked like there was a wait on the food at pizza places, nothing already made. so I went to a CVS pharmacy on Hennepin and got a sandwich and apple juice. I was going to get reese's peanut butter as well, but in the same bin near checkout I was intrigued by a Hershey bar. it said it was the 'flavor of new York, cherry cheesecake'. the statue of liberty is in red on the wrapper, along with the rest of the skyline. it tasted good, but it is hard to say if I will see it again anywhere as this appears to be a special edition candy bar. it also made me think about being back in Chicago at age 8, my first time I recall being in the big city. was this what I envisioned city life being like? getting a sandwich and then eating while walking to my destination? it is a comfortable thing for me, familiar as I have done it fairly often. I've said it before how I live 'the manic life of a comedian'.
  whopper was doing a play a few blocks from there, I parked in a ramp first. then I found food, and the venue. it was called 'the good boy and the kid'. normally I don't go for anything about wrestling, since I grew up in iowa around plenty of wrestling meatheads. but I had seen plenty of his plays before, so I knew I would be giving this one a chance. it was centered around a little girl of age 12. I liked it as I saw some metaphor in it, and it was a 'story with a message' as well. it became a silly farce at the end, but in many ways that fit what should be expected. I like these small theater venues, as I it felt like I was almost on top of the performers. twice I saw a door open near my seat in the back row, and it was performers coming out for their scene. I did see whopper after the show, I said I may not have laughed much but I call myself a 'stodgy academic' and I majored in history so sometimes I want to see serious theater. well tonight I got to do this, nothing wrong with that at all. he said he knew I was there as he could hear my laugh. so I guess the article about me from late last year is still accurate. the david spade look-alike was in it, but his role was smaller than in other shows.
  before the show I got a text message from my st. louis friend, sounds like she got the postcard I sent recently. I said I had some pictures from the photo booth last weekend, so at some point it means sending them as well. at the office it was a fairly slow day, as it usually is for a Friday. it was nice getting some small things done like pay by phone on one of my bills, and requesting some time off for the month of july. I also placed an amazon order after getting back from the play. I decided to get 2 music CDs, one by lorde and the other by lana del rey. there was a slight problem with placing the order, as it would take a gift card code at first. but after confirming that the code was correct, I tried taking out the hyphens and it worked. these are from a few years back, I understand that both of these musicians will be releasing new albums soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment