Sunday, January 6, 2019

arriving at halftime

I watched some of the NFL playoffs today, mostly at home. but when one of those was the bears game and it was on NBC- a network that just doesn't scan- I knew I would want to see some of it on TV instead of just catching it on the radio. so I arrived at halftime at a bar in downtown st. paul known for catering to bears fans. the bears lead the eagles 6-3 at halftime, but lost 16-15, the final play was a missed field goal try. I had some beer, I also liked the popcorn there. no surprise how the bar was crowded, I was standing my entire time there. eventually I found a place in the back where I had a good view of a TV and I wasn't in anyone's way. every so often I saw servers coming through with food. it was the third game this season that I saw at least part of at this bar. I was served in plastic cups each time, but I already have plenty of those so I didn't keep any of them. near me on the steps was a woman who was sometimes yelling into her phone, beer in the other hand, with her head down at times. I knew well enough to leave her alone.
    I made it to the grocery store late in the morning, picking up some TV dinners for the week. I had hoped to see a display with a cheap box of cereal, as I had for the past two weeks, but not this time. so I got a small pack of donuts instead. I still have a variety pack of oatmeal in an unopened box so I have breakfast covered for most of the week. when I got home the first game of the day had just started, and the chargers went on to beat the ravens. although it became much closer at the end.
   I am fine with having one night off a week from the clubs, it was fairly leisurely today. it can help with recalling things I need to write down and look up, some of them were related to possible stage time. or just reviewing notes and having it transferred to another page, so I could send another page to my pile to be put in the shredder. I saw some mention of the results of the golden globe awards this evening, it said lady gaga won for her song in the movie 'star is born'- a song she performed, and co-wrote. in the video I found, she spoke of the help she got from the other three writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment