Thursday, January 10, 2019

two party rooms

i went to a pizza party tonight at the davanni's in Minnetonka. there was two party rooms, the first one I went to was the wrong one. I recognized no one there, said 'i am not here for meetup' but I think I found out later on it was for girl scout leaders. I liked their 5-meat pizza, more so than the barbecue kind. there was cookies later on as well. I liked looking at the art on the wall in the room we were in, and found out one thing bolted up was just a dry-erase board. the art was of an amusement park in excelsior, closed down many years ago. another was of a railroad depot in Wayzata, now on the national register of historic places. so there are more things to look up when I find the time.
   I spent plenty of time this afternoon applying for jobs on indeed. I did not keep count, but it had to have been at least 60. so there is a chance that there might be some days soon where my phone rings off the hook with requests to interview, unless they send them by email, and I prefer email. I went to a job fair at the same venue this morning, different state agency this time. it gave more ideas about where to apply. and after it I got home in order to do a phone interview. I apologized for being the least bit ill-prepared, saying I had been really busy this week getting to job fairs. after it I found the job description on indeed as I had applied there. it made it easier for me to know what questions to ask, so I followed up with those questions.
   I wasn't home for long after the pizza party, for about 30 minutes. I wanted to go perform and it meant doing karaoke. I did 'lump' by the presidents of the USA, and 'garden party' by rick nelson. the karaoke jockey said the second one was a good one for me. I said I like the line about 'you've got to please yourself'. there is plenty of knowledge to be found in music.



No comments:

Post a Comment