Wednesday, January 16, 2019

wayne's world 2 movie

i watched the movie 'Wayne's world 2' tonight at a bar after I was done performing. it was hard to ignore because of where I was watching the show, something I had said before about many venues. I don't think I had seen it since I saw it at the theater, and I was at college in iowa city at the time. I will admit that I didn't like it as much as the original one. some of the jokes just weren't funny with me. it is proof of how long ago it was made, as some things have changed since then. such as chris Farley has a role in it, and of course he has died. I am aware of how they spoof various things in it, such as the final scene being a ripoff of 'the graduate'. I haven't been to the donut shop in this movie, stan mikita's, although I have visited Chicago-land fairly often. according to facebook it is still open, in the town of aurora. and it is kind of nice to see where movies have been filmed, so I might want to see it on my next visit. I have a rental car on those visits so I can find my way there. naturally it is harder to watch a movie while in a bar, as it means reading the closed captioning. but it still 'translates' fairly well.
    it was an active day on the job front. I had a back-to-work meeting in the morning, and I had more to talk about than usual as I have had a decent number of interviews lately. and it helped that the boss was there as well, who I find easier to work with as he understands me better. then in the afternoon I had a phone interview, and hopefully it leads to an in-person interview, although it does less than half the time so far. but one has to keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment