Friday, January 18, 2019

hershey's gold, peanuts and pretzels

i like trying various items in the discount bin at the holiday gas station. one of those I found tonight was Hershey's gold, peanuts and pretzels. it had 9 sections. the wrapper said 'sweet meets salty, creamy meets crunchy'. it tasted all right. I liked seeing some stripes on the edges of the wrapper, blue yellow and caramel colors. it says it is 'caramelized crème'. I got some cheese as well.
    I went to an interview this morning, no problem finding the place but it was a big complex. so I knew when I got close I had to pay attention to what the building numbers are. it looked like a 'cattle call' to me, based on how many were waiting along with me and how some were waiting after I was done. I would like to think this means the odds are more in my favor of getting hired. I asked what it meant about doing a credit check, as I am only used to hearing about the background check. but it should be no problem whatsoever on both, as I was told it would be finding out if there was any fraud or defaulting on loans and I haven't.
   in the afternoon I was watching a DVD movie but paused it when somebody called me. and I did not resume the movie after the call, it was a fairly long call. it was an advisor from Burnsville. I did say how I had an interview today, and another one scheduled for next week. I was advised to put more mention of awards on my resume but when I am getting interviews I said that honing my interview skills may be a better idea. also mention of brushing up on Microsoft excel skills, and I was sent an email with a link where I can do just that.
   I considered going to perform at a new (to me) open-mic this evening, but I saw the winter weather and decided I could stay in a little longer. it was snowing then and I was unsure how long it would last, and how slick it was out there. but the 10pm news said the twin cities got just a trace. after the news I went to sing karaoke, and the song was 'sunday morning' by maroon 5. I was reminded of that one due to last night of course, finding out there was another song with the same title.

No comments:

Post a Comment