Friday, January 11, 2019

family dollar plastic bags

I noticed how there was a sign at family dollar about plastic bags. I made my customary weekly visit this afternoon, to get a can of macaroni and beef. the spaghetti was sold out. I liked seeing how they would now be charging for plastic bags as it is an incentive to get re-usable bags. I have been using them for a while. and I recall seeing at O'Hare airport how the city of Chicago had already been doing this in recent years. hopefully it will cut down on the litter. just this week I saw a family dollar bag being blown around by the wind. I shared it on facebook and I have one like already, from my writer friend in Houston.
   I got plenty done today, including applying for more jobs with the state of Minnesota. I mostly did this after getting back from an interview with a lending provider. I was more enthusiastic there than at most interviews. it may have helped to see a connection with credit unions, as there was a bobble-head in the interview room from spire credit union. they told me I would need to do a second interview. the receptionist asked me more than once if I wanted coffee, I said I wasn't big on drinking that. I was content with reading a neighborhood publication, as there was an article about mall of America plans now that sears is leaving soon.
    when I went to a Walgreen after the interview, I got more than just the paper. I also got a bag of Christmas candy that was discounted some more, to 70 percent, it was m and m's. a little surprising how there is some left, but it is no doubt dwindling as I saw no reese's peanut butter this time. that was last week's purchase. it was nice to see a friend there as well, the employee in photo.
    I panicked a little when I got to the evening, watching the news, and I came across bills in my letter sorter. so I knew I needed to call in the 3 payments on these bills before going out to perform. I sang karaoke, one song. it was 'love song' by sara bareilles. I heard the receptionist sing some of it as I was leaving the interview. I saw friends of 'billy the kid' there, they went by al and lou, and I saw them do a boy band song.


No comments:

Post a Comment