Wednesday, January 30, 2019

madame curie movie, 1943

I watched a DVD on loan from the library this morning, 'madame curie', a bio-pic from 1943. in recent years I had seen a bio-pic about her at a film festival, so of course I was interested in how an earlier version covered the story. this one covered the death of her husband, pierre, in a road accident, but the newer one does not. it does remind me of many other bio-pics I had seen, in terms of them covering the highlights of the main character's life. so at times I could predict what would happen next. since I often watch 'big bang theory' I am familiar with how the show has referred to her multiple times. the movie does depict some of their science experiments. I liked pierre's parents, they were the funny because of their comments about pierre. the bonus features included movie trailers from movies starring greer garson, who played marie curie. there was also a short film called 'romance of radium', one of the elements discovered by her.
    I had a phone interview this morning, then I watched the movie. I am told I will hear more about it next week. I applied to more jobs with the state of Minnesota as well as 'apply on company site' positions I found on indeed from the periodic email I print. I decided to stay in for most of the day, due to the subzero weather. but I am thankful I ventured out in the evening, as I was booked to do a comedy show at a micro-brewery. mason city was the show closer, a last-minute replacement. since I got stage time here, I added the show runner to my 'ring of honor', he talks about being from Philadelphia and has a joke about 'ghostbusters'. after the show a lady talked with us as she wanted to take the 'ring of honor' photo. she said her name was a color.

No comments:

Post a Comment