Friday, January 25, 2019

unfaithful movie

I watched a DVD movie on loan from the library this afternoon, 'unfaithful'. I chose it because it is considered to be a thriller. the closing credits say it was based on a French movie, which explains one of the characters in it being French. the main part of the storyline of course is a woman having an affair. but what I found to be more compelling in the story was when somebody gets killed, as this made it more of a thriller. I hadn't seen that many movies before starring diane lane, but I had seen Richard gere before. I also liked their kid acting in a school paly, as a rabbit. since I liked the lines in that scene. 'what's the point of dreaming if it is small?' so I will have to admit that I have seen some better thrillers than this one.
     I went to an interview this morning, the one I requested earlier this week. I feel better about doing an in-person interview instead of just a phone interview, since I have more information than I did earlier. there was a different interviewer than before, and I met an earlier one as I was leaving. I submitted plenty more applications today, and I scheduled a phone interview for early next week. I am still waiting to hear the result of last week's interview, the 'cattle call'. I sent a follow-up email I the early evening about it. late in the evening I did some karaoke, 'only the good die young' by billy joel. I also did a renewal on my membership with the American historical association, after getting another prompting email about it. I found out I was able to go to a lower price point, since of course I am still unemployed and could claim a lower income than before. I did the same with another one of my memberships, paying a lower fee- the one with the loft literary center. those are likely the only two I will be keeping going forward, as I value them more than the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment