Tuesday, January 8, 2019

LBJ movie

i watched another movie on loan from the library, 'LBJ', starring woody harrelson at the title character, the president. he looked quite a lot like the president, lyndon Johnson, which is helpful when playing a historical figure. much of the movie was about getting the civil rights act passed. there weren't too many other actors that I recognized in it, just Jennifer Jason leigh as his wife, lady bird. naturally, the events surrounding the kennedy assassination in 1963 are depicted, as this is what made him president. it was directed by rob reiner, and I had seen some other movies he has directed.
   once I had finished watching it in the afternoon, I went to the library to return it and got two more DVDs to watch this week. and of course I was there to print some things. while there I was called by an 'agency', the same one that called me three times the previous day. I couldn't hear them at first, but I said I didn't believe them in the email as to what they were willing to pay as a wage. so eventually I got tired of them and said 'goodbye, please do not call me again' and hung up. the stated wage just plain sounded too good to be true, as it was really high. one can't be too careful. in the late morning I did a phone interview, hopeful that it will lead somewhere. I didn't tell them I had interviewed with them over a year ago, as that might lead to be being disqualified way too soon. things have changed since then, so nothing wrong with trying again. looks like I have interviews and job fairs to attend for every day this week, and into next week. so I like being more active and engaged in the process, as it sure beats the alternative.
    in the evening I made it to two venues, first time in months at one of them. I was there as brawler said he would like to see me there, and I made a reference to EF Hutton, then had to explain it. I was also matching wits with perkins, so I gained from the time there in more ways than one. I performed at the second venue, and I like how some like what I do there. I started off riffing on what the show runner said about my sets, but I think some of it was being 'ironical' for lack of a better term. I also posed for some photos while sitting down after my set, after seeing one of me while performing. it was nice to see airway, who was wearing a timber-wolves winter hat. I spoke of the show that I did with the trumpet player last week. he tells me there are more photos of me to see, after I said I had been sent some of them. I gave my email so he can send them when they are available. sounds like the show runner will be unavailable for a little while, and he announced the fill-in MC. after the show I tried not to waste too much time getting back to my car as it was really windy out there and of course that makes one feel colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment