Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dillinger 4

At the comedy club tonight, a comic mentioned the local band 'Dillinger 4' so I looked them up on Youtube. I like getting music recommendations. It was in reference to liking music I could relate to in my own struggles in life, and one of those bands is Green Day, with songs like 'Longview' and 'She' from 'Dookie'. He said a later song was apparently a rip-off of this band's song, and lawsuits like these are something one does hear about every so often. We spoke after the show, more time available. Usually I am rushing to get to the club before the show begins. I knew his wife is a tattoo artist, he was giving me some pointers about getting one once I decide to do so. I also liked hearing that he does run a room at another club, and he offered me stage time whenever I want it. I hadn't seen him in a little while, but I know we all can get busy in our lives at times. I said I did like the band name, as it makes me think of John Dillinger the bankrobber, somebody I had read about in the history books. He said it was an intentional reference by choosing the name, which doesn't surprise me much. Names of bands and songs often refer to something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment