Thursday, October 25, 2012

Geeky, Hot, Proud Of It

The theater guy had a stylish hat on today, he said it was made out of beaver skin. There was a button on it that said 'Geeky, hot, and proud of it'. At times it seemed like he was modeling it, as he really enjoyed wearing it. The facility czar called it a 'chapeau', I knew it as the French word for hat.
   I did see the facility czar more than once, as I copied him on an email asking for help moving tables out of a cubbyhole for a Halloween event. All that was left was two larger tables, I had moved the smaller ones myself by putting them on a cart we often use when 'in the files' taking care of the payoff reports.
    The 'Airport Snoopy' mini-statue arrived today, it's the fourth inspired by Saint Paul's 5-year series from 2000-2004 that I own. It won't be the last. There are a few more I want. It was the second of the year, the first since April. There's one outstanding item I ordered from last week, but it is now listed as shipped so it should be arriving soon. It ebbs and flows as to what I order, and how often, from the E-bay site. Actually it's called 'World Traveler Snoopy', I gave it the alternate name as the real one is now on display at the airport, one of three there. Due to its high visibility, it is likely photographed more than most of them are. I know it did make its way into a Facebook article I submitted about sharing Enterprise Rentacar stories, about me wanting to get to a Pearl Jam concert. Though it is an afterthought that I chose the picture in particular, as it was one of the few I had of me that was also fairly recent.
  I went through a few of my tourist bags after watching 'Big Bang Theory' and found some items to shred, as well as move to the office. I saw a bike light from the Lady Gaga concert in 2010, I decided that it better serves me at the office where I will see it more. Same is true with 'Desiderata', which is something I wrote down while at college in Iowa City. But at the time I didn't know the title.
   It was nice getting some pepperoni pizza from Little Caesar's, along with a bottle of tea, since I didn't have to wait this time. On my most recent visit last month there was a line. But I still don't see myself using the offer for free crazy bread, since I'm not big on eating it. I would need to find the stamped receipt of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment