Sunday, October 14, 2012

Firefighter Memorial at Capitol

After I went to the fitness center in the late afternoon, I went over to the capitol to the find the firefighter memorial, which was moved there about two weeks ago. I asked for help from somebody who was on the grounds walking their dog and taking some pictures, found out it was near the 'big green soldier'. When others showed up with young kids, I said I like knowing it's here now where it belongs, much like the police officer memorial. It was largely forgotten when it was in the baggage claim section of MSP Airport.
   In the early evening I stayed in and watched some of the baseball playoff game. The Cardinals beat the Giants, 6-4, it was on Fox. I knew I may not see many of these playoff games coming up, so it meant watching this one when I had the time. I went to the grocery store first, so I would have one less errand to run after the game was over.
   Earlier today I went with my date to find some landmarks in White Bear Lake. I liked seeing the big polar bear at the Chevrolet dealership, holding the 'bowtie logo'. So I got a picture of it. Also liked seeing a retired train caboose next to the former railroad depot, now a museum. There was mention of some event about the town's history during the gangster era, like when the Ma Barker gang would hide out there. We also made it to Anoka County Farms in Ham Lake, which had many Charlie Brown and Snoopy items inside one building. A video was being aired, 'Great Pumpkin'. But there was also these big wooden likenesses of Charlie Brown and Lucy on the wall, playing baseball. We ate there, I had a corn dog and some apple cider. We got plenty of pictures and it was nice to look around but didn't do anything else, like a hayride. I've done those before.

No comments:

Post a Comment