Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Family Dollar Snack Crackers

A coworker put out crackers in the afternoon and said they were snack crackers, had to ask what kind as there are graham crackers as well. They looked and tasted like Ritz crackers, but were from the Family Dollar store. It's not quite the same as an old cereal commercial, where an 'open box is an empty box', but pretty close when it comes to somebody putting out food at work. This of course was a commercial for the Kellogg cereal 'Crackling Oat Bran'.
   I had a dental appointment after work, and the assistant likes to talk to me about various subjects. She started off with asking if I had went to any concerts lately, and I haven't. Most memorable was the music playing while there, like 'Don't Speak' by No Doubt, as well as 'Holiday' by Green Day.
   Due to the dental appointment, I didn't have the typical beer tonight at the comedy club. I had a Pepsi instead. It is already decorated for this month's holiday, Halloween, with two statues greeting you at the door. One comic said a dental appointment is a big deal as it means I have a dental plan. I didn't think it was a big deal but it must be to those who don't have this coverage.
   I can still be amazed at times as to what I can find out online. Tonight it was on E-bay where I found out two people were offering Charlie Brown bobbleheads. This is the same kind that I got from this site earlier this year. It was originally a giveaway at a St. Paul Saints baseball game more than a decade ago. Nothing unusual there, but one was asking nearly $100 and the other over that amount. I am thankful I got mine when I did, as I paid less than either of these two. Supply and demand I guess. Trying to remember what the asking price was for the one I've seen at the Twins fanfest, it may have been even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment