Friday, October 19, 2012

Dent In Car Door Corrected

I had the day off from work, wanted to get some errand running done. I needed my car for most of it, so I didn't get to the auto body shop until the end of the day. But it was enough time to get the dent in my car door corrected. The employee used a tool that looked like a trowel and now it clears just fine. So I no longer feel the need to climb over from the passenger side door to get behind the wheel.
  I had hoped to see 'Millionaire' and 'Jeopardy' on TV but it was not to be. But I liked getting my laundry done, and 'Judge Alex', along with 'Judge Judy', was on at the laundromat I went to in Maplewood. There was showbills for 2 high school plays at the plaza it was in, one was 'Hello Dolly' at North St. Paul and the other was 'Christmas Story' at Tartan in Oakdale. The former interests me more than the latter does, but is just over one weekend so the chances to see it are limited.
   When I was eating at Maplewood Mall, having some pizza, I was a little worried when I saw two little girls by themselves, they didn't look a day over six or seven. But eventually an adult man showed up, likely their dad. I noticed he had pizza like me, the girls had Chinese food. After this I went to Dairy Queen and had a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. I like those a lot, and I am reminded of how I liked writing 'Smashing Pumpkins' on plastic containers of pumpkin pie as I liked that music group.
   It was my first visit to Common Good Books, owned by Garrison Keillor, since it had moved. One employee said they had been at their current location since April. I had passed by it every so often at Snelling and Grand, being reminded of how I had seen their basement location on Grand before. It was due to getting a gift card at work. They had a graphic novel about Abraham Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment