Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spaghetti Dinner at Community Center

Went to a spaghetti dinner at a community center tonight. First time I had been there. Plenty of silent auction items were available, but I didn't bid on anything. The cole slaw didn't look or taste anything like what I see at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Good or bad, that is the comparison I make when I eat cole slaw since I've had it fairly often. There was a decent amount of food for the price I paid, which was $8, as it included the spaghetti, bread, milk, and choice of a dessert item. Though the milk carton was small, like whay I got when I was in school.
   There was also a library inside the community center. I got my name entered in a drawing and will find out later on if I won anything, and what I won. The silent auction items were the typical fare, an autographed picture of a Vikings player, Percy Harvin if I'm not mistaken. Some were tickets for community theaters I have seen plays at before. If I bid on anything at silent auctions, it usually isn't many items at all as I have to think of what I can afford. 
   At first I thought there wasn't any mail delivered today, but later on I saw something that was wrapped in plastic and said 'we care'. Yes the item was damaged, but it was a card from my insurance company and I think I will be shredding it anyway. But I like knowing it was still delivered.
   While listening to my car radio I think I heard 'Underneath It All' by No Doubt more than once tonight. This was due to changing radio stations fairly often while driving. But there are other No Doubt songs I like more than this one. Also liked hearing 'Daughter' by Pearl Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment