Friday, October 12, 2012

Frame For Movie Poster

I went to Walmart tonight to get a few things I needed, this included a frame for a movie poster. I measured it earlier this week and knew I needed one that was 11x17. It is the poster for the movie 'Covered Wagon', bought it from E-bay last year when searching for items related to Emerson Hough. The young man sweeping the floor was who I asked first, then somebody else said they would direct me to it. I found two kinds, but one frame was thicker than the other so I chose the thicker one. Also got some Charlie Brown and Snoopy stickers since they had some related to Halloween, which will be here soon. I spoke of how it was a hobby to collect Charlie Brown and Snoopy items, and even about searching for the statues around the Twin Cities. But the employee said he hadn't been to the state fair, where some of them are.
   Besides those items, I got two more photo albums for my postcards. One actually was for photos, replacing one that was converted to postcard use as I needed one that fit the larger ones like 5x7. It just didn't work with photos, as the pictures didn't stay in place as I wanted to have two to a page. With these kinds of postcards, one a page works just fine. So now just about all of my postcards (that I know of) are in photo albums. there was one that didn't fit so I put it in a bag with tourist items. It had some of America's skyscrapers on it, including the Twin Towers. I got it when I lived in suburban Chicago, so I've had it for a while. Also used some super glue on the spine for one photo album, as the spine wasn't sticking to the album cover like it should. My guess is my plan to revamp the albums isn't over by a long shot, as I'm trying to get the last of the pictures into a photo album as well. Still have plenty of envelopes from Walgreen that I need to empty. Including the larger postcards, I think I have over 700. There are 8 albums, and some currently have vacant pages. But this does allow for more that I am sure to buy on any upcoming travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment