Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Like Big Bird

As part of 'Celebrate You' week at work they had a Hawaiian theme today. We were given a lei in the morning and could wear a Hawaiian shirt if we had one. Though I don't have one. There were smoothies in the afternoon, I had a pina colada as well as the strawberry. Then there was pie, but not related to this event. A colleague in an adjacent department had a birthday, there was peach as well as triple-berry pie from Perkins. So I decided not to have an oatmeal cream pie after work at home, figuring I already had plenty of sweets for the day when factoring in the cookies somebody brought in from Superamerica in the morning. I'm not sure if I had eaten triple-berry pie before, or even what berries are in it.
   I had to do laundry tonight, no choice at all if I wanted to avoid running out of clean clothes. Read the paper while there, but it was one from the end of August as I was behind on reading the entirety of Friday papers. There was mention of the Colorado movie shooter being denied admission at the University of Iowa grad school. This meant something to me as I graduated from there. I also got to read some about the Clint Eastwood speech from the Republican convention. The main thing I still undertstand about it still happens to be the part about debating an empty chair.
   In many ways it seemed appropriate I was reading this tonight, since I watched the first presidential debate tonight. Most memorable was likely when Romney said he likes Big Bird but would cut funding for public T.V. Also when Obama said the budget is all about priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment