Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Taco Bell Loco Taco

I made it to Taco Bell just minutes before the free 'Loco Taco' promotion ended due to a stolen base in the World Series. Also ordered a drink and whatever they call their tater tots, which wasn't officially on the menu. I saw no listing or picture anyway. I had to ask the order taker if they had 'fries or tater tots or something similar'.   
   I noticed one employee was counting down the minutes until the promotion ended. I went over there shortly after work ended, still had my work I.D. on which is not typical. Saw a young boy and two adults playing 'UNO' at a table near me. It was dinner time so it wasn't too much of a stretch as to when I eat, though on many weeknights I usually stay in and eat. The taco tasted fine, different than a typical one and looked different as well. Made sense, as I recall  'Dorito', as in the snack food, was part of the official name.
    The other notable event of the day was picking up a framed movie poster I had wanted for a while, finally. It was the 'Rain Man' poster. I had seen it in a marketplace near my workplace, and found out the establishment would be closing soon. My concern was price and size, but I handled both fairly well. I got it for half price, though as I was leaving I heard something that sounded like the clerk may have sold it to me for too cheap. But I was told 'Go!' so I did. This was why I had asked for a receipt, as I didn't want anyone accusing me of stealing it when walking it back to the office. I didn't get too much attention when I arrived, I said to our facility czar how it was one of my two favorite movies. He said 'good movie'. There were some people at the guard's desk, sometimes there are people gathered there. Another colleague said it was an 'overpriced estate place', though what I found out about it online when searching (though not much was available) was how it was classified as a 'flea market'. Either way, it's mine now. It's a natural progression, as I had taped it from cable TV, then VHS, then DVD. Eventually it meant getting a paperback book version of it, which explained some parts of the movie better as it read much like a script would. Then there's a picture book, of Tom Cruise and his roles. Since it was a Best Picture winner it would be a prominent one in the book.
   I lucked out, sort of, in one respect. I didn't have to lug it home on the bus. This was due to waking up a little late and I decided to drive to work instead. So it was hauled home in the back seat of my car.  It is much larger than my other framed artworks, like 25X40. It appears to be the same size as what is on display in movie theaters to show what's playing at the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment