Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Paper Plate Faces

After the comedy show tonight, one of the regulars- the Kentuckian- invited people to stay to help with a video art project for a class. I stayed and it didn't take long. I was one of the few that didn't get asked to have a paper plate for a face. I gave my email address to view it later in case it becomes a Youtube video.
   I thought it was odd how my face was still showing, or maybe not. I do see comedy as an important outlet for me, and at times yes I do feel different and more empowered when onstage. But maybe it was appropriate that I had no mask on, when plenty of honesty about my life exists in the jokes I tell. I've said it before how the Anna Nalick song 'Breathe' nailed how I felt about being a writer and comedian. 'I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd, because these words are my diary screaming out loud'. I was still playing a crowdmember so it may have been why some had no masks, and of course needing comparison and contrast with any study makes it more effective. He did say some hide behind a mask while doing comedy, I would tend to agree with this. I noticed some of the plates had varying facial expressions on them.
   There was an announcement how there would be no show due to Halloween next week. So I will have to figure out what I will be doing. But odds are I will just find another show to attend. Should be no problem finding one when I know plenty of comics.
   I did follow some of the opening game of the World Series, I know the Giants won big over the Tigers 8-3. There was some mention of a Giants player accomplishing a rare feat, three home runs in a World Series game. Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson, and Albert Pujols were the others. Surprising how it happened so quickly, as it was done last year. But that was the first time since the 1970s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment