Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Home Depot Recycling Center

I went to the Home Depot recycling center this evening before I found my way to the comedy club. I wanted to dispose of some of those CFL bulbs, three in all. One of them was broken, never used as I dropped it when trying to install it. So I bought another one. The bags I put them into at the store reminded me of the bags used for produce at the grocery store.
   At the comedy club, the Milwaukeean was headliner. He was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey, number 86, which is Hines Ward. Saw him just before he went onstage, and after the show as well. I said I kept asking on Facebook when he'd be back in the Twin Cities, pleased that he made it. I know when he made it for the open-mics before, he had a Fat Albert jacket which looked really cool.
   The late local news had something about a Charlie Brown and Snoopy movie in the works. Though it was misleading to say it was the first, just the first in a while. There already were some of those shows that were movie length, Wikipedia said four in all. This includes 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown', Snoopy Come Home', 'Race For Your Life', and 'Bon Voyage'. I saw one of them as a youngster, 'Race' -and it took place at Camp Remote. My dad said he took me to 'Named' but I was too young to remember it. He kept saying it was about Charlie at the spelling bee, but I couldn't find it for a while since it was under a different name. It wasn't until I dated somebody who had it in book form where I finally had the mystery solved. So I got my own copy of it, a used copy. 'Bon Voyage' is one I have on VHS. All of the other videos I have are the shorter specials like for Halloween. I am not sure if it was newsworthy to mention it, especially when it was said by the media that it is three years away from being at theaters.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment