Wednesday, October 17, 2012

He's a Las Vegas Stripper

On the bus heading home tonight, I heard somebody in the back wearing a bomber hat say to his friend how he knows somebody who's a male stripper in Las Vegas. It's not something that you hear about too often, so it was hard to ignore. On the bus ride in the morning I saw a man across the aisle from me with a spoon in his coffee mug, full of cereal like Chex but it was hard to tell for sure what it was since I was far enough away and didn't want to look nosey at all.
   At the comedy club tonight the most memorable thing was how a crowdmember had a seizure shortly after the show ended. I had seen her collapse and at first didn't know what was happening. But the MC was in motion trying to find help. Somebody said she was with three friends, so I trust she will be fine. I didn't stay around as I didn't know how to help and it looked like somebody was helping in some form.
   This group of four girls were memorable during the show, as one was sitting on the lap of another for a while. The comics kept referring to it. The MC spoke of working at an elementary school and giving kids high-fives for much of the day and tying their shoes.
   The buttons are moving along. I decided to organize them a little better, and it meant getting all of them into bags. There are five bags in the original box, and these bags are a grand total of 318. I looked at one bag and took out 19 that I am keeping and not selling. After going through all of the bags, I took out those that appear to be of value and hopefully can sell on E-bay, 42 in all. I did junk some more that were duplicates, broken, or too rusty. The junked total is now at 127, so it means I started with 506. Considering what I paid for them, it is way cheaper than expected. It averages out to be about six cents a button.
   I spoke of some of those I would be keeping earlier. Another notable one says 'TANSTAAFL', a term a college instructor used in an economics class meaning 'There's no free lunch'. Another says 'Vintage 1776, 200 Proof'. There are a decent number with a bicentennial theme, as many things in 1976 had this theme.
   I am thankful that I looked up the listings on E-bay for one of them before giving it to a colleague, the Vikings button. It's one of value, unlike most of those I started with. Others I think I can sell are the beer buttons, like Heineken and Stroh's.

No comments:

Post a Comment