Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Last of the Old Lightbulbs

I was about to leave to do errand running and when I tried to turn on the light near the door. I noticed right away how it had burned out. So I replaced it and at first checked the only other one that hadn't burned out. When I uncovered it I found it was CFL, so when I replaced one today it was the last of the older kinds. I took it out of a lamp I wasn't using much.
   I also finished reading the papers from September, mostly Fridays, as I was way behind. Some of the notable events included the Democratic Convention, Pink releasing a new CD (which I have now, her sixth studio album according to the USA Today article) along with the death of musician Andy Williams (a native of Wall Lake, Iowa). There was also articles about the neglected buildings in the former Hamm's Beer complex on St. Paul's East Side, the closing of the Cottage View Drive-in in Cottage Grove, and stadiums. With the stadiums it was about the Saints baseball team getting funding but also preliminary work on the Vikings football stadium, selecting a contractor.
  The most fun to read was a columnist in the Minneapolis paper. He wrote of bathrooms at an art gallery, one way streets, obesity, and cars vs. pedestrians.
  On this reminder form, I also wrote down the word 'gouge'. For some reason it is funny to me, although it describes something that isn't. Maybe it's just a funny sounding word to say. I know this has been true before, like 'looting' or 'looters'.
   I stayed in with my date tonight, first time in a while that a weekend wasn't booked with an event. We watched a VHS tape, 'Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown'. It is one of four Charlie Brown specials that are movie length, and the only one of the four I have. I hadn't seen it in a while, I just recalled there was a fire in it eventually. After watching it I said it reminded me of a 'Simpsons' episode when Bart went to France and was forced to do hard labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment