Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Comedian Friend

    I was checking Facebook tonight after being at the comedy club and saw an update from a comedian friend in Boston, who is attending college there. He said he's fine, at home studying. It was in response to those who expressed concern after the bombings at the Boston Marathon. My hat is off to him as he started comedy really early in life, while still in high school.
   I saw the first night of a contest at the comedy club. I was in this contest last year. I knew two of the three who advanced. I liked getting a shoutout from the show runner, who called himself 'the Michael Jordan of shoutouts'. There was one comic who basically fell on his sword since he was doing jokes about the Boston Marathon, which was too soon. He was booed, and when he left the stage it was to the tune of 'Hit the road, Jack'. It doesn't surprise me much how some are willing to try jokes like these, but I won't laugh at them. After the show I did go get a paper which is not typical for a non-Friday, but I tend to for big news stories. The front page of the St. Paul paper said 'No who, no why, just chaos'. There were two articles that started on the front page and had continuations. An online article spoke of the other tragedies that have happened in the month of April, such as Waco, Oklahoma City, Columbine, and Virginia Tech.
   The Lady Gaga gift tags I ordered arrived earlier today, I like having them. I plan on moving them to the office. When I was emailed recently about the merchandise available, it was the only thing that appealed to me. Already have some of Lady Gaga's CDs, as well as a program from the concert. And I didn't want a poster or a shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment