Monday, April 1, 2013

Cracker Jack Prizes

   There was an Opening Day celebration for the Twins at work. There was peanuts and Cracker Jacks, and I picked up a small bag of each. I was too busy for the games as I wanted to finish the payoff report, the typical high volume for a Monday. The Cracker Jack prize looked familiar, as it was an Abraham Lincoln sticker. I already had one of these, along with one of Alexander Hamilton.
   After I was at the comedy club tonight, I went to the grocery store as I was out of food. Had to move back a day doing this weekly errand. I liked seeing a bag of Easter candy so I bought one. They are Snickers minis. When checking my voicemail after work I noticed there was a message from my dad, and I responded but I got his voicemail as well. He spoke of having an Iowa Cubs baseball schedule. I had already printed one from their website but there is no color difference between the home and away games. I said I was unsure at this point as to when I would make it to Des Moines for a game, but this month is not likely especially when the weather can be iffy. Here in the Twin Cities it was chilly for the Twins opener, they lost to the Detroit Tigers.
   I didn't stay for the full show at the comedy club as I was thinking about what errands needed to be run. At first it looked like the leadoff comic was a no-show but he finally emerged, I did the typical thing which was to say 'Where are you, man?' The show-runner from the 400 Bar before this show spoke about boxing champion Mike Tyson, I think in reference to a Broadway play about him. He also spoke more about having a gig in New York City, and the high cost of seeing a show there with the two-drink minimum. Before the show I liked hearing some Johnny Cash songs, including 'Hey Porter'.

No comments:

Post a Comment