Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fake Hundred Dollar Bill

     I made it to 3 different Superamerica convenience stores today after work. First one was to get fuel, then on to my old neighborhood for dinner before the dental appointment. The third was after the comedy show. They are everywhere in the Twin Cities.
   The show went well, I tried some new material like one about a fake hundred dollar bill I picked up at lunchtime. I said I had nothing to lose, so it was odd that it said 'Nobody would drop one, the joke is in your hand'.
   I got some kind of bonus of nearly $20 in my E-Rewards survey account, so I already have the survey money I need to dump miles into my frequent flyer account when eligible in a few days. I have to wait at least 30 days of course between awards. I tried to click on it when seeing the listing but still not sure how I got it as I don't recall seeing such a bonus before.
   I saw a former colleague at the office, it was nice seeing a familiar face. He is in underwriting again. This was somebody I recalled sharing laughs with before, as he thought it was funny that there was a town called 'Dickeyville' in Wisconsin. There's a grotto in that town and then I had to explain what a grotto is: a man-made religious shrine that looks like a cave. I needed his help as 'Underwriter of the day' on a loan from this town. So I often called him 'Grotto Boy'. I was fairly good at recapping the past few years. This included my move to the vault at the end on 2006, along with getting into comedy less than two years later. And how the passing of an underwriter in 2008 was one factor to send me into comedy. Hopefully I will see him in passing again soon. This was as I went out at lunchtime to take a walk and drop off some mail. Looks like the new downtown post office will have a 'Grand opening' event with VIPs like the mayor, later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment