Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pedestrian Student

    I was walking in the skyway in downtown St. Paul and noticed somebody with a people counter near a bank entrance. His nametag said 'Pedestrian Student'. First time I think I've seen this and I've worked downtown for a while. In the morning I am sure he counted me twice, on the way to a food court and on the way back from it. I like reading the 'Community paper' if it's there. Read it, and then leave it behind for the next person. Then there would have been a third time that I was counted today, when I was going to lunch.
   I had two meetings today, which is not typical. Especially when at the start of the day my online calendar had just one on it. But I saw a colleague in the morning and was asked if I was attending a certain meeting, my response was I didn't know there was one. It was the Communications Council, an advisory board I had applied for. I am thrilled that I was finally picked for something again! It was my second attempt to join this organization. This meeting was just before lunchtime. The second was in the afternoon, and lasted much longer at two hours. But it was an 'All-employee meeting' and we don't have these too often. When it wrapped up it was time to leave for the day.
   At lunchtime I noticed how my lunch bag was getting torn so I started ripping it some more, as some of it was made of thin plastic which is easily torn. I had another one given by the company, so there was a simple (read:free) replacement available. It says 'Health coach' on it and gives a toll-free number to call, but I haven't called the number yet.
   From time to time I do order items from E-bay. I bid on a real photo postcard of Emerson Hough School but was outbid. I even bid higher than I typically do for a postcard, to no avail. I then decided to order some other postcards of my hometown, from a series I've been slowly adding to. I haven't bought one of these 'Real photo' postcards before but I know the listings suggest they are often old. For this reason, I would expect that they are more in demand due to being rare. It did prompt me to look at what is on Delcampe, another online auction site, but I've ordered from them just once- when I couldn't find some postcards I wanted when looking for them on E-bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment