Friday, April 19, 2013

Facebook Friend Cleanup

   I got home from work and did the routine things like checking email. Then I turned on the TV in hopes of seeing the local news but the national news was on about the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect. I left it on there for a while and eventually went to eat at Taco Bell. I like 'the box' they have there, and now there's two Doritos choices on the 'Loco Taco'- as Cool Ranch has been added. 
   During this time I decided to clean up my list of Facebook friends. I was able to eliminate more than 5 percent just by clearing out the inactive accounts! I hadn't looked at the list in a while. When I did a cleanup before I cleared out those friends where I didn't recognize their names. Now when I add somebody I have to know them or have mutual friends, like from comedy. One comedian friend, the showrunner at one venue, responded to it right away about still being here, and then BOOM! Earlier he had suggested that I eat at Domino's Pizza as there was a joke on his comment thread about Domino's while watching the coverage of the manhunt.
   When I was having lunch at the Erbert Gerbert sandwich shop the TV was tuned to CNN and the sound was off but closed-captioning was on. There were updates about the manhunt in Boston. In the background, and I don't know for sure where it came from, I was hearing some music- 'ET' by Katy Perry and Kanye West. For some reason it seemed appropriate for the news that was being covered, since the beat was loud and fast. When I hear the song now I will likely connect it to this event. I fell asleep and missed the ending of 'Nightline' on ABC tonight but I think a big part of their show tonight was about the manhunt. This is typical whenever there is a big news story.

No comments:

Post a Comment