Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hell's Kitchen Restaurant

   I went to The Turkeys comedy show at Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis tonight. It was my first time at this venue. According to the menu the name has nothing to do with the neighborhood in New York City or the TV show about cooking. Some of the videos were shown but not all of them as there were technical difficulties. There was a drawing for a free shirt as the show ended. I had already eaten before arrival so all I ordered was a beer. I parked at a ramp where I was given presidential dollar coins as change. I am keeping one of them, the Lincoln coin, but will be using the others. I don't value dollar coins much, same as most people.
   I didn't watch any of the Masters golf tournament today, and it rained for much of the day. No surprise to hear how the Twins baseball game was called off, although the reason given was snow and not rain. Found this out on my car radio while driving to the show. I did the grocery run before going to the show and not after as I was unsure when the show would end.
   I was discussing scheduling of events with my date and it looks like some of our summer is already booked. But I am sure we can find a way to do other events we're interested in. We didn't want to see the Jackie Robinson movie on premiere weekend, so next week is likely. I found out it did well on opening weekend, as it was number one. The online article said it was rare for a baseball movie, and it did better than 'Moneyball' from a few years back.  Another thing would be seeing the Civil War exhibit at the state's museum, but we have until Labor Day for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment