Monday, April 22, 2013

'Feel This Moment' Song

    When I was driving back from the comedy club tonight I heard a catchy song on my car radio. It was 'Feel This Moment' by Pitbull and Christina Aguilera. I like the reference to pro football in it, 'Undefeated like Shula', referring to Don Shula, coach of the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins. It was no surprise to hear a Miami reference, since Pitbull often refers to his hometown. I think he has also mentioned the area code for the city- 305- in his songs as well. Not much different from Eminem referring to the '313', which is Detroit's area code.
   This was a longer drive home than typical, by personal choice. With the winter weather, rain mixed with snow, I didn't want to take chances so it meant staying off the interstate. Another song I heard during this drive was 'This Love' by Maroon 5, a nice reminder of how I've progressed in my life. It was the song I heard shortly after I was laid off from my job in suburban Chicago, and I understood it after a while to be a beginning and not an end.
   I did hear some comics try out jokes about the Boston Marathon. But this is still a subject that I have a hard time laughing about. One of these jokes was about carrying a backpack into a Cracker Barrel restaurant, and another patron asking what was inside. With any big news story, I know well enough to expect to hear some jokes about it. But I prefer to avoid telling those jokes myself, as my routine is usually not about news stories and world events but about my own life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment