Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kennedy Photo

    I was looking through a box of maps and tourist brochures this morning and found a photo of President Kennedy inside an envelope. I recalled getting it at the state fair a few years back, 2008 as I recall, since it was the night I wanted to see the Brandi Carlile free concert. The envelope said something about the Lincoln/Kennedy parallels, something I've heard about many times before.
    The JFK photo was one of about ten postcards that I decided to get into an album. Many of the others were movie lobby cards, especially the arthouse movies at the Lagoon in Minneapolis like 'Food, Inc.' Another thing I liked finding was more postage stamps. These were from when I handled mail when working in suburban Chicago, already nearly ten years ago now. There are about 30 envelopes, a few are duplicates but not many at first look. One was from Canada. I will have to look at the ones I have already added to some sheets to see if they duplicate them, but again it is probably not too many.  
   I went to see the Civil War exhibit at the state's museum in St. Paul with my date, in the mid- afternoon. I got a book of 30 postcards at one of the gift shops after seeing the exhibit. I had hoped to get one of the museum itself, at the other gift shop, but we ran out of time. I didn't get many pictures there, but one of them was of the Confederate flag that Virginia wants back. It was captured at the Gettysburg battle, and has received media attention already. In the evening we stayed in and watched a video, 'Sweet November', starring Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment