Saturday, April 6, 2013

Caught On Tape Movie

     I saw the Redbox DVD 'Caught On Tape' this morning. Not your typical movie, as it was just over an hour and mostly told the story through raps. Cedric The Entertainer is in it, and this is why I chose it. But he had a small role in it. Looks like there are some other similar type movies out there, based on the previews. So now I have used the free day from my Redbox anniversary.
    In the afternoon I went to see a photojournalism exhibit at the Weinstein Gallery in Minneapolis with my date. It was called 'I have tried to let truth be my prejudice' and the photos were by W. Eugene Smith. I did learn something while there. One of the photos was the newspaper headline 'Dewey Defeats Truman' that Truman held up. It is a famous photo but I was unfamiliar with the photographer of it, as they can be kingmakers and not kings. There were two baseball photos, one of Joe DiMaggio waiting to take batting practice. Another was Babe Ruth at the World Series, as a spectator as he had already retired. Next to these two was one of Tony Bennett.
    We also continued watching the series of DVDs from the History Channel about robber barons. We are seeing two segments at a time as each segment is under an hour. It ended with an anarchist trying to kill H.C. Frick, an employee of Andrew Carnegie. So now we've seen them cover three of the five, starting with Vanderbilt and continuing with Rockefeller. The 9th segment is actually bonus features. I hadn't heard of Frick before but the part of the Carnegie story about a strike while he was in Scotland reminded me of a 'Simpsons' episode when Bart led a mutiny at Camp Krusty- as Krusty was out of the country and waiting to get an honor from the British Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment