Monday, April 15, 2013

Fitted Sheet Replaced

   After I was at the comedy club tonight, I went to Target and got a replacement for a fitted sheet that had ripped. It may not match on color but I could care less. My sets have been mix and match already. It was nice to get a Velcro bag to go with it, easier for storage. I think I got the one I needed to replace at a Marshall Field's sale, before they changed the name to Macy's. So this had already been a little while, about seven years. I decided to take my time weighing the options and even a clerk in the aisle noticed, asking if I needed any help but I said no. If I want a full set of bedsheets later on I can get them. But I don't spend much on this particular kind of household item.
   In the afternoon I first heard the news about the bombs at the Boston Marathon, when a colleague, the lollipop girl, spoke of it to another colleague. So I went into the breakroom for a few minutes to find out what had happened. I said I'm hopeful they find who did it.
  Before I made it over to the comedy club tonight, I did see the clerk at Superamerica had a neck tattoo, and it did make me think of a fellow comic who has one as he does a joke about it. But it was on the other side of her neck compared to his. When I arrived I spoke of this, saying just about anything now makes me think of a joke I've heard.
   One of the newer comics tried to do a joke about sports team names that wasn't funny at all, as it was a cheap joke about shootings in Colorado- along with abortion. Before the show I did see the ESPN newswire which proved how big a deal the bombing at the Boston Marathon is. Multiple sporting events have been postponed or canceled- Bruins hockey and Celtics basketball. The Red Sox baseball game apparently finished before the bombs went off. The Red Sox like to be home on Patriots Day, which marks the start of the American Revolution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment