Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Imagine Dragons

   There are some songs that stick with me from the first time I hear them. This is true with one I just heard on my car radio recently- 'Demons' by the Imagine Dragons. With music of course an excellent combination of instruments and lyrics makes a world of difference. But the lyrics have to be memorable, and this song has them: 'Don't get too close, it's dark inside. it's where my demons hide.' It's relatable for me when it speaks of demons, we all have some. The same is true about not getting too close, as I feel as if I let no one get close to me for a long time, not knowing who I could trust. When I found the song on Youtube there was a mention of a 'teaser trailer' for '50 Shades of Grey'. I had heard of the book series but that is all, I know it's a big best-seller.
   At the comedy club tonight I liked seeing some familiar faces as usual, including the neck tattoo guy who did a joke about eating cheescake in private. This is due to being over 300 pounds. The 'Old so and so' was there as well, and performed although he wasn't on the printed list I saw. He had a good 'Six and a half' joke, saying he got a yawn from an ugly woman.
  I added a few more things to the strong box, thinking of what I hadn't looked at yet. This included a box with old mail in it as it had a letter to the editor I had written.
   A coworker is back from maternity leave, as usual she asked me some questions about my life. She also said something about how long she's been married, nearly five years. She was going to give me a lead for a Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue, but after finding out where it was I said we've already found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment