Sunday, April 21, 2013

'Save My Soul' Song

     I finished watching the History Channel series 'The Men Who Built America' with my date earlier today. I had been wondering about the theme song I kept hearing, and finally found it after an online search. The first hit wasn't it, called 'Blood on the Rails' by Silent Comedy. In the Youtube video it had clips from the series though. Eventually I found 'Save My Soul', also called the 'Main title theme'. I liked the mention of getting to Memphis in it, since I was there in 2008. It has prompted me to look up a few things being covered in it, which is a good thing. One of these was the National Association of Licensed Automobile Manufacturers, as there was a lawsuit between them and Henry Ford. The fifth and final 'robber baron' covered was Ford. I liked them having somebody portray President Theodore Roosevelt as well, since he looked the part. And of course Roosevelt figures into the story since he was known as 'Teddy the Trust-buster'. And the final segment covered the breakup of Rockefeller's Standard Oil.
   After watching 'The Simpsons' episode, which had some references to 'Homer's Odyssey' in it, we watched a syndicated rerun of 'Big Bang Theory'. It was one when Leonard was dating Dr. Stephanie, and insisted she hadn't moved in though Penny kept showing evidence that his girl had. Sheldon also proved to be a hypochondriac in it. I had seen the episode recently but still liked seeing it again.
   We also watched '60 Minutes', which had features about the Boston Marathon bombing, military and police dogs, and a September 11 memorial in New York City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment