Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bump And Grind

     Normally while at the comedy club, I mostly write about what is happening onstage. But I will have to write a little more this time about offstage events. After the show ended, I was planning on making my way out to the bar. But somebody was dancing right in front of me. So to me, the most appropriate thing to do was to join in on the dancing- and I did the 'Bump and grind'. I spoke with the headliner in the bar area after the show when my dance partner found me and asked for my name. I presented a business card, as I said right away I would have to write about it. She did give me her name, but I don't use names while writing unless they're already famous, somebody I used to know, or no longer alive. This goes back to what a writing instructor taught me in high school- how it has a more universal appeal. In her words, in case someone in San Francisco is reading it. It's not too often where I end up dancing at the comedy club, or anywhere else, so of course I enjoyed doing so. I am hopeful to see my dance partner again, and since I gave her my card it is possible.
   Well, now I should cover what happened onstage. I did step out and go to the bar during the show to get some air. I said to some of my friends that I can't believe how bad some of the comics were, as some of the jokes were stale. In my words, I say 'It's been done'- but thankfully it did improve. The godmother performed, I still like her jokes about being married to a cop. She did a new one about being certified to be a life coach after watching some Youtube videos. The 'Happy meal' comic did one about being afraid of bees due to being stung at a young age, after somebody set the hive on fire. The 'Extra murder' comic did the 'Man cave' joke, I said I really like it. The headliner had a CD available, eventually I should get it as I already have four of my friends' CDs. He did his Super-America joke. I like it even though I eat at this convenience store every so often as I like the loyalty points. I guess he should be the 'Cashew comic' since he shared on Facebook recently how he got cashews as a tip. I said I like cashews, and so did others, eventually he revealed this as well.
   After the show I did like hearing 'Angel' by Shaggy playing. When I got home I noticed the couch cushion from the day before still on top of the snowbank. So I decided to walk over to the dumpster and put it in there. As I was leaving the club I did the same with a drink cup, and somebody said they liked how I did this- getting it into a trash bin. I said it was usually a thankless task.
    It was a long day at work, I stayed a few extra minutes to finish things up. I ended up getting home on a bus that is two buses after my normal one. I just missed one so I had to wait 12 more minutes. I almost got caught up on the letters, you do what you can.
   I am watching 'The Fly Show', and there was mention of the passing of former child star Shirley Temple. Clips from some of her movies were shown. It did remind me of an episode of 'Education of Max Bickford' where Richard Dreyfuss played a college instructor. He had a debate with a colleague and former student, played by Marcia Gay Harden, about who was more important in the history of the decade of the 1930s- President Franklin Roosevelt or Shirley Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment