Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Iko Iko, and SOS

     I look forward to the Wii dancing each week, not just the exercising but also the songs played. Today the notables were 'SOS' by Rihanna, and 'Iko Iko' by Mardi Gras. The Rihanna song was one I recall hearing when I was visiting Detroit, probably in 2006. It's a catchy song, borrowing from 'Tainted Love' by Soft Cell. With 'Iko Iko' I am reminded of the movie 'Rain Man', though it was 'Ika Ika' in the movie, a slight variation. I was just one of two today, me and the event coordinator. When I think of a comedian friend being impressed with activities at my workplace, I think this one has to be near the top. Since I am now on the Communications Council, helping out with events, I have seen more by being an 'Insider'. This was a catch-up day at work, I liked getting my primary duties finished before I went to lunch. So then when I returned I was able to devote the rest of the day to getting the letters caught up. I ended up doing 20, so now it is more caught up as just two were left at the end of the day.
   At the comedy club tonight, I liked seeing my 'Bestie' perform as the show closer. He did do the 'Lost dog' joke, but did some other jokes before it. I liked hearing a few I hadn't heard in a while, like 'Chivalry is dead' since he does a voice impression and it proves having range. He did a new joke, 'Die for you', in reference to his lady. After the show I liked to hear him holding court. There are times I will listen very closely and say very little, and this is one of them. I had to laugh a little, even if it was only internally, about what another comic said while he was holding court. I asked if he had a comedy CD out yet, he said no. I expressed interest in being in the crowd when it is done. The other comic said I would be the first to know. But I know others have seen, out of all the comedian friends I have, that there is a reason why this one is called 'Bestie' as it is a special friendship.
    I am a loyal and supportive friend, but I have seen how he is as well. I spoke of how internet dating still hasn't panned out, and he said it is best to keep trying. I was thinking I need to be open to other ways of meeting a mate, especially when I hear how other couples met. I liked how he asked me a valid question: what else am I going to do, quit? I said I had done that before, for too long, and don't want to do that again.
    I also liked how he spoke with the 'Extra murder' comic for a while as well, about various subjects. It was not just the business of comedy, but also about relationships. I do like hearing about the business of comedy, what it's like behind the scenes.  The 'Extra murder' comic did the 'Yule Log' joke, along with an older one about spicy Jello. I liked seeing the 'Bathtub comic' before the show, he did the joke about the dead pet rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment