Wednesday, February 12, 2014

First World Problem

       I went to the comedy club tonight and the 'Extra murder' comic did his 'First world problem' joke. I also liked hearing the one about how his friend dated a carnie. Before the show I exchanged business cards with the 'Rapper' comic. Much of his set did involve rapping, including a cooking recipe. The godmother comic did jokes about getting internet dating emails even though she's already married. The show closer was the Wisconsin native who is married to a comic. I agreed with his joke about how you can't just take a class to be funny, as funny just happens to you. Another comic did most of her set talking with her phone, the 'Siri' app if I'm not mistaken. I have seen this kind of technology depicted on 'Big Bang Theory'. I am trying to think of a nickname for her, don't have one yet but she has done comedy longer than I have.
   I was onstage tonight as well. I did one about somebody in the elevator at work who spoke of seeing barfing on CNN. And I did some about my recent dating exploits, including one about how my dad didn't know what to do at comedy shows besides smile.
   I stayed past my normal leave time at work to get caught up on doing letters. I tried bidding on a set of Canadian coins on E-bay but was outbid. I ordered some other things after the show on E-bay, including some Chicago World's Fair postcards, a lot of 5. It does seem to be a better deal than ordering them individually.
   At work we did an Olympic event, our version of curling, I was in the middle of the pack. The
object of the game was to slide some plastic discs on the floor with our knees behind the line. I also liked doing Wii dancing, it included a song titled 'Barbra Streisand'. I liked the final one we did, 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz, as it had lyrics about being the 'Last one standing'. There was one by No Doubt frontwoman Gwen Stefani, but it wasn't familiar to me, one of the lyrics was 'Tick tock'.

No comments:

Post a Comment