Thursday, February 20, 2014

Four Weddings And A Funeral

    After watching two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight, I put in the DVD of 'Four weddings and a funeral'. I enjoyed the movie, it had a natural progression to it. The Hugh Grant character was best man at the first wedding, and he meets the Andie MacDowell character there. It made me laugh when he spoke of the next one being 'A wedding from hell' for him. What helped with this feeling was the visits of 'Ghosts of girlfriends past'. The second wedding was a couple that had met at the first. The third was Carrie's, and Andie played her. It was in Scotland, she married a politician. There was some bagpipe music in it, not sure what it was. I did decide to find 'Scotland the Brave' on Youtube after watching the movie, as bagpipe music reminds me of attending Canadian Days. A man died at the third wedding, probably a heart attack. This was the funeral, just days later. The fourth wedding was for Charles, and Hugh played him. I had read the Wikipedia article before even getting the movie on loan from the library, and I was intrigued when it said Charles gets punched here. It is revealed, by his brother doing sign language, that he loves somebody else. The closing credits confirmed plenty of Elton John music in it, including 'Crocodile Rock'. I think I may have seen some previews when it was at theaters 20 years ago. I now recall how Fiona, played by Kristin Scott Thomas, being asked if she was married (no) and then if she was a lesbian.
    With 'Big Bang Theory', the syndicated rerun was one where a lady scientist visited the university as a guest of Sheldon's and ends up sleeping with all of his friends. I hadn't seen it before. The prime time episode was a rerun, but it was the return of Professor Proton so I really liked seeing it again as it was Bob Newhart guest starring.
    I did the final Olympic event at work around midday, the Wii biathlon. I often went the wrong way after doing the shooting. I don't think I earned a medal in any of the four events, but I still liked participating. We were given the weather hotline number by email as there is plenty of snow expected. For this reason, I had no problem staying in as I had no place to go. Two E-bay orders arrived, 6 World's Fair postcards total. So there are 5 orders outstanding at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment