Friday, February 21, 2014

Office Opened Late

    I called the hotline this morning before I ventured out and it said the office would open late due to the weather, at 11am. I still needed to go move my car for the snow ordinance, then I went to a convenience store nearby for breakfast. I was pleased that they had breakfast pizza, I don't have it too often. I slipped and fell when I was coming back from getting the pizza, and orange juice.
  There were multiple ways we were informed about today's schedule. I had an email waiting for me when I arrived. When I called the hotline I noticed the emergency services people had called to inform me of the late start as well. It was a number with all 2's and a somewhat robotic voice.
   I will have to admit I was a little punchy, especially after one colleague said he needed to train me on another thing but he asked too early. I need to finish my normal duties first! I was also preoccupied with finding out what was done about the hours we didn't work as we were told not to show up until 11am. Some showed up before this time anyway, and some were even later or I think didn't make it in at all. After a while I was told we would still be paid for those hours, much like a holiday luncheon.
   Looks like I have a date on Saturday afternoon at a coffee shop. I was exchanging text messages and we finally spoke by phone. I am fine with waiting until then as I was tired after work. I tried to make it to the comedy club tonight but I got my car stuck twice, so I decided to pick up some supplies at Walgreen and go home. I finally decided to get started on mending a navy coat that a college roommate gave me. I had shopped around to see if somebody would do it for me, but it was expensive. So I decided I should be able to mend it myself, just by using needle and thread. The lining was torn, especially in the sleeves. I have one of the sleeves completed already. It shouldn't take much longer before it is truly wearable again. It wasn't that wearable if I couldn't get my arms in the sleeves comfortably.   

No comments:

Post a Comment