Tuesday, February 25, 2014

T-Wolves Ticket Sales

      I get various emails, and it was odd to get one from the Timber-Wolves, the basketball team, today. It said they wanted to know if I enjoyed the game from early January, and I did. Looks like it was mainly advertising what games they have left this season. I like seeing them play New Orleans each year, as I loved my visit to the 'Big Easy'. But I am not sure about seeing another game this season. My alumni association has had an outing at a Wolves game before, but I haven't heard anything yet about one for this season. I have received calls on my cellphone as well.
   I was onstage at the comedy club tonight, as usual no problem finding enough material. I had 8 items written down and got through 5 of them. I started off with something not on the list, as there was laughing as I was taking the stage. The response was 'You don't want to know' as to why I got laughs before telling jokes. So I did one about who I've been told I look like, a joke I did my first time onstage back in 2008. After the show I was paying my tab as I had a small pizza along with my customary beer. I spoke with some Canadian women in town for a conference, and I was asked how long I had been doing comedy. I like how I take things in stride easier than I did, as I handle compliments better than I did. When I spoke of attending a Van Halen concert in Winnipeg they said they were from a town about 4 hours from there, on the border near International Falls.
   My 'Bestie' wasn't originally on the list but he did show up after I was onstage, I was third after the mc. He did one about considering dating other women, and I liked it as he did a voice impression of his dad. I spoke with the rapper comic before the show. He did a joke about buying a motorcycle, and waiting to tell his lady about it. The show runner was the show closer tonight, and did one about his lady applying for a job at Make a Wish.
   Work was slow enough in the afternoon that I found enough time to work on my income taxes, and completed the state forms. I already submitted the federal ones of course. I needed to get a stamp at home so it meant waiting another day before mailing it. One colleague helped me with a joke idea as I am often matching wits with her. I was wearing my patriotic shirt, which was intended for the show, and pointed out things depicted on it like Mt. Rushmore. I don't know if I want to tell her since she once said she didn't want to inspire any jokes. But it is really hard to ignore the material available to me.              

No comments:

Post a Comment