Monday, February 17, 2014

Saving Private Ryan

   I went to the comedy club tonight and I spoke with the sub teacher before the show. Much of it was related to my call in to his show. He was there with his lady, who told me she is also a teacher. When he went onstage tonight, he did a joke about his high school football coach showing the team a movie before a big game. It was 'Saving Private Ryan'- the wrong movie to show as it left them too emotional to play. I have seen it but not at theaters. I saw it on video when I was visiting a college roommate nearly 10 years ago. He lived near Waterloo, Iowa, at the time. He is ex-military and usually likes to see military movies. When he was one of my roommates we saw 'Courage Under Fire' at theaters.
   Some of the early comics were not funny at all to me, but I have a higher standard for comedy than I did. The 'Extra murder' comic did his 'Watching Labyrinth' joke, hadn't heard it in a while. He almost did the 'Extra murder' joke but then it became one about homeless people asking for food money for a particular fast food place. The Fargo native did one about doing a show in her hometown. And the 'Bathtub comic' did one about his plans to attend a friend's wedding in Australia. He wants to hug a koala.

No comments:

Post a Comment