Saturday, February 22, 2014

Navy Coat Mended

     I continued with mending the navy coat and was satisfied with my work. I finished sewing the lining of the second sleeve and some other parts, so it was wearable again. When I went out to a date at a coffee shop, I was wearing it. When my other two winter coats are of sports teams, it works well to have a plain coat as I blend into a crowd better. There are some areas where the lining is still torn, like the tail and near the shoulders, but those are less important than sleeves when I need to get my arms into the sleeves. I liked having the coat on again as it is black and this color seems to suit me well. It has a snug fit. I kept saying 'Supper is waiting on the table', thinking of a Smashing Pumpkins song called '33'. In the video, frontman Billy Corgan is wearing a coat much like mine.
   I still want to get my taxes done this weekend, as I have already seen an email from H and R Block about filing online. This is the service I have used when filing online before. In the evening I went to a comedy show in Minneapolis where many of my friends were performing. One of them I hadn't seen in months, and he said he hadn't performed comedy in a while. Some of it he alluded to in his jokes, as I recall he had surgery. Before and after the show I spoke with somebody who said he was familiar with a comedy venue in Iowa City, where I attended college. He said it is a live music venue primarily, so it sounds like some of the venues around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment